Molly Sims' bling and proposal details!

Over the May long weekend, actress/jewelry designer Molly Sims accepted a surprise proposal from producer Scott Stuber, her boyfriend of the past two years. He popped the question inside her walk-in closet, a la Big and Carrie in Sex & the City. "I had just closed escrow on my house. I was having trouble having his house be our house. He was like, 'This is our house and our life and our future.'"

Stuber, who designed the Diane von Furstenburg ring himself with Sims' friend, a DVF executive, flew in Sims parents from Kentucky for the weekend, a surprise to the bride-to-be. Said Stuber at the recent Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles, with Sims on his arm, "Her mother is a southern woman, and I wanted to be a good Southern gentleman and go ask her parents in person, and bring them along."

And Sims, who says she has "no idea" how big her cushion-cut sparkler is (roughly 5-6 carats, says this site), loves her future husband's taste in jewelry. "He designed it. He did it with my girlfriend on his own. He surprised me; I never sent him a picture. He did it all."

Source: PEOPLE / INSTYLE

PHOTO CREDIT: Jordan Strauss/WireImage