You Are Special Today!

                 
We are celebrating a Birthday at our house! It's fun to see the tradition of the "red plate" carried forward even when your child is growing older (teenager).  If you don't have a red plate or wondering what's up with the red plate--read below.

       The Red Plate  is the perfect way to acknowledge a family member's special triumphs...celebrate a birthday...praise a job well done...reward a goal achieved...or simply say "You Are Special Today." When the Red Plate is used, any meal becomes a celebration honoring that special person, event or deed.
  My plate is actually a Mary Englebrite plate.  The purpose works the same with any special plate!
The secret and success of the plate is to only use it for special occasions!  Praise the recipient and make it a big deal!

I'm a big fan of the "red plate".
When my kids get married, I am going to give them a "special plate".
 (I've tried to purchase the Mary Engelbrite plate for gifts.  I can't find it any longer).
I smile at how our plate has carried forward from toddler years into the teenage years!

Celebrate!
You are Special Today!
Enjoy!
Share your "red plate" celebrations!