SEW HAPPY!


"Sew Happy" to be finished! Welcome Back! I have completed the sewing room organization mission. The pantry and mudroom are next! Wish me luck there! You can find the dress forms at TaiPan Trading, Quilted Bear, and Hobby Lobby!

Here is the layout of my sewing room/laundry room. I have a small island in the middle that separates the sewing room and laundry room. I use the island for cutting all my fabrics. My favorite corner of the world.


When I designed my Laundry/Sewing Room-I wanted space for my daughters to sew and create along with me. The counter space works well when it is not covered in fabric! My little daughter loves to sit at the counter and do her Kindergarten homework! She usually has her crayons and all her art supplies sitting on the counter.

I made chairs covers in sewing notions fabric. I made my window treatments to match. This is where my colors started for this room!

I've added more baskets and containers. I have taken a lot of my scrap book containers that I don't use anymore-thanks to digital scrap booking and simplicity of project life! I painted the containers black and created cubes for fat quarters, charm packs etc. I've taken the drawers and painted the fronts with chalkboard paint for patterns that I use a lot.


I love unique baskets and fabric lined baskets along with crates! The small bottles work well for all the little stuff like snaps, needles, rotary cutter blades, etc. I found the bottles at The Dollar store last week! The Crates are from Mormon Handicraft from my shopping travels a few years ago when it was temporarily located by the Zoo, my other home(ha ha)!




Do you ever feel like organizing is like putting together a 5000 piece puzzle?



I LOVE these baskets, they are simple and practical! They make look familiar. Yes, they are from Walmart. I added Chalkboard Vinyl fabric for the labels. I can easily change the labels for new fabrics! Of course, I needed a little bit of polka dots to add some cuteness! I love that they are off white and simple, I can use them other places.

The top black basket is for new fabrics or for fabrics that need to be put away-Kind of like papers to be filed!



I am still working on the green baskets in the cupboard. The labels are temporary. I want to do chalkboard paint for labeling. The baskets hold accessories like Velcro, elastic, trims, embellishments, and 1000 other little things.

I have two large drawers for storing ribbon in the same green baskets. I have a few baskets for ribbon scraps that I use a lot! The rolls are organized by color, pattern etc.
Enjoy a Creative and Happy day!

Thanks to Tip Junkie, she is sharing Teacher gifts. Today, she is highlighting a few of my Teacher Appreciation gifts-- created right here in my sewing room!

Cheers to Teachers!