Challenge #47 - To "Die" For


Hello! Debbie here! I am your hostess today and we are going to use die cuts on our Christmas cards for this challenge.

This challenge was inspired by a fun die cut Christmas card kit I won from PaperCrafts. The kit is by the company CTMH (Close To My Heart). The kit comes with die cut cards and adhesive back die cut shapes. Super easy to put together and they are flat so no extra postage. Feel free to use your die cutting machines or pre cut shapes to make your card. We can't wait to see what you come up with. Here are a couple of cards I made for this challenge:



Debbie Fisher ~ The Paper Garden

Insert the link to your card below (click on the blue "add your link" button). If you are unable to link it, please comment this post with the link to your card. If you upload your cards on SCS or PCP, please add the key word: CSAYL and the title "CSAYL47". We hope you'll play along this week.

We'll be voting on the participants' cards and the winning participant will be invited to be a guest designer for the following week's challenge. Good luck!!!


Our winner for our Embossibilities Challenge is Fabiola of
.Mon P'tit Monde. Congratulations Fabiola!! She will be our guest designer for challenge #48!! Here is Fabiola's winning card for Challenge #45.

Guest Designer

Brenda Butler of Butlers Abroad




My name is Brenda and I’m originally from England, although for the last 16 years I’ve lived in South East Michigan. I have a wonderful husband called Andrew, also English, who supports my crafting endeavors, although he gets sticker shock sometimes when he sees the prices of everything in the craft stores I like to frequent!I started card making two year ago and had absolutely no idea what I was doing! All of my cards used bought items or punches, so this challenge has taken me back to those early days, although I have more of an idea what to do with the tools now. I only started stamping about eight months ago with the help of online tutorials and the blogs of amazing and talented people around the world, who patiently answered my questions and encouraged me to just jump in and have fun.

Outside of my little craft room I love to kayak, ride my bike, go camping and hiking, swimming and generally be out of doors as much as possible in the summer months. I love to garden and grow things from seed, and we both enjoy traveling around this beautiful and amazing country. I also really enjoy history, especially social history, and I spend a lot of my spare time in the winter tracing our family trees. I’m employed full time in the automotive industry working in Engineering IT; it’s been a rough ride over the last couple of years and I find that card making for an hour immediately after work de-stresses me and really calms me down. My favorite technique is water coloring images with my inks and water color pencils, although I’ve tried a lot of new things this year as I started entering cards in challenge blogs for the first time, they’re really great for getting you to try something new and outside of your comfort zone.

I was very honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer and I hope you’ll be inspired to join us this week at Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long, and maybe try a new technique for the first time.





Check out the beautiful cards created by the design team: