Hello Everyone

Hi, my name is Jill. I don't have a blog but I am a member of Wardobe Refashion and Burdastyle. Since I was a child I have always handmade gifts, my mum encouraged us to be creative that way. It is also a great way to save money!
This year I am going to try to do Christmas gifts for 21 people for less than $150.
Throughout the year I keep a journal of ideas I have and others I have seen around the place, who I think would like that type of gift and how to source materials.
This is my list so far:
1. Slippers out of my stash of vintage souvenir teatowels (everyone has a collection of those, right??), inspired by this post for my sister in law who lives overseas and my seriously ill aunty.
2. Bathmats: out of old towels/t-shirts, inspired by this.
3. Coasters made out of craft store bases, decorated with pictures from second hand children's books for my cousin (she likes Dr Seuss).
4. Pillows decorated with doilies like in the picture from Smile and Wave with details here for an aunt.
5. Skirts for my sister's from stash fabric. One of my sisters is a primary school teacher who likes themed skirts to wear to work. I found Vegemite (Gross tasting Australian toast topping) pillowcases at the op-shops which I will use to applique somehow on her skirt...
6. For the people I don't know very well, but need to give something to I am thinking lemon butter (my Nanna's recipe) or shortbread.

Now I just have to make all of this...