Abandoned Blogs and Labeling

I went through the list of Contributors in the sidebar, weeding out blogs that haven't been updated within the last few months. I found quite a few and removed the links as it's frustrating to click on a dead link or find a blog that hasn't been updated in ages.

I did, however, discover one blog had moved to Wordpress when I stumbled across a link on another blog, so I put the blog back in. If you're reading this, and you've moved your blog, please let me know so I can update. I'm a big fan of having the links in the sidebar so we can get to know each other. I can't tell you how many wonderful blogs I've found just by following a trail from one blog to the next. So if you have a stitching related blog or online album that's not listed in our sidebar, please let me know and I'll add it. And if you are listed in the sidebar, please check the link to make sure it's your current blog. If you've changed platforms or blog sites, please let me know so I can update the link.

Also, please remember to label your posts with the designer / source of your pattern to avoid copyright issues. Another designer, Jennifer Aikman-Smith, will be discontinuing the publication of her designs after her final two are released. Jennifer is pursuing other interests, but copyright infringement took its toll on her and weighed heavily into her decision. Therefore, it's very important to give credit where credit is due and respect the rights of the copyright owner.

Labeling posts also helps out your fellow stitchers when they want to stitch the same piece or see more by the same designer. I don't know how often posters check back on their comments to see if there have been questions about their work, so it's nice to give that answer right up front to those that are interested.

Thanks for your cooperation!