Creating Keepsakes


If you like old photos, charms, ribbons, lace, doilies, antique buttons, then you will enjoy creating this classy heirloom! These keepsakes were created by using a domed glass frame, velvet fabrics, or scrapbook paper for the background. The small frames were purchased at Michaels. The photos are reduced childhood pictures of my parents from "days gone by". I chose charms that portrayed their personalities and hobbies. (That was the fun part) Kids can enjoy this fun craft. I made one with my daughter.
My sister in law made these beautiful creations of my grandparents for a family reunion! I have cheirished and loved them! Her talents go far! (double click to see the detail of embroidery and the beautiful craftmanship with the ribbon!)

We have a family reunion every summer, between my brothers and sisters, we all take turns being in charge. We use to have a auction of handmade items to help cover the costs of the reunion. Often, my Mother would make a quilt that was always a big hit! Cheers to Family Reunions! Enjoy!