Heirlooms create beautiful decor that you can't buy in a store!


Transformed from a dark, heavy-looking dresser into a soft whimsical piece by painting it with wisps of rosebuds and changing the hardware. I painted a dresser for my daughters room many years ago that was completely transformed, it's amazing what a little paint, glaze and creativity can do for updating furniture and creating a treasure and heirloom at the same time!

I love the frames in this picture, they are covered with vintage fabrics! I also love how the frames are hung onto the hooks, I love the femine look of ribbon! I wrapped wired sheer sage green ribbon around my collage of family picture frames that are hanging on a wall in my dining room to add some dimension and color to the frames. Through the holidays, I placed candy canes in the ribbon!
Sheer fabrics work well with cotton fabrics for a femine and soft look, especially great in little girls rooms! I love the painted flowers!
I must say there is something spectacular about china dishes, pink stripes, antique beds and old bird cages with a lot of white and soft pink!

Heirlooms create beautiful decor that you can't buy in a store! What are some of your favorite treasures that you have found or inherited from days gone by?